Sunday, May 6, 2012

Baby Bok Choy Sesame Noodles

My Produce Items: Baby Bok Choy, Broccoli, Lemon


2 baby bok choy
1 head of broccoli
3 green onions
1/2 lemon
1 cup of baby carrots
3 tablespoons of soy sauce
3 tablespoons of sesame oil
1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 box of linguini pasta

Boil pasta until soft.  In a different pot, cut baby bok choy into quarters and boil with broccoli and carrots until soft, be sure not to boil too long or they will be oversoft.  Drain all.

Chop up onions (white part and some of the green).  In a large skillet fry the onions with a little bit of sesame oil.  I just did a quick fry, I didn't want them to burn.  Add in the pasta and sesame oil, soy sauce, garlic powder and salt.  Stir evenly.  Add in the vegetables and juice from 1/2 a lemon and continue to stir until everything is evenly coated.

Serves 5-7


Final Verdict: Good

It turned out pretty good.  I was going for an Asian type of noodle and it does have the familiarity and flare of asian noodles.  I think it could have used some ginger and toasted sesame seeds (I didn't have either on hand).  With those 2 ingredients it would have been even better.  Also, I should have used actual garlic instead of garlic powder.  I did have garlic on hand that I could have minced but I admittedly was just being lazy.  Next time I won't cut corners and fry up the minced garlic with the onions.

No comments:

Post a Comment