Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Eggplant Naan Bread Pizza

My produce Items: Eggplant, Tomatoes

2 small eggplants
6 small tomatoes
1 clove of garlic
2 pieces of naan bread
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 tablespoon of parmesan cheese
1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese

Chop up eggplant into desirable pieces.  You can slice them if you like but I diced them.  Mince clove of garlic.  Coat eggplant pieces in olive oil and mix well with garlic.  Broil in toaster oven for 15 minutes (eggplant will be soft and slightly browned).

Chop up tomatoes into desirable pieces.  If you have a large tomato you can slice it but I had smaller tomatoes and decided to dice them.

Place naan bread on baking sheet and cover with tomato evenly.  Spoon cooked eggplant evenly over naan.

Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.  Cover with mozzarella.

Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted and naan is toasted.

Serves: 2


Final Verdict: Delicious!

I first sampled this recipe over at Meli's, so it's really her recipe but it was sooo good I really wanted to make it and share.  It's a recipe she originally got from thepioneerwoman.com but she used Trader Joe's Naan Bread instead of pizza dough.  It works excellently.  I put my own little spin on this recipe with how I decided to chop and portion off the tomato and eggplant.  Whereas she sliced it, I diced it.  I absolutely love this pizza.  From now on, it's naan bread pizza for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment