Sunday, February 26, 2012

Corned Beef Cabbage and Carrots

My produce items: Cabbage, Carrots

1 corned beef brisket
1 cabbage
2 large carrots
1 bottle of beer

Place corned beef brisket in pot. Fill with water until it almost covers the brisket. Add the beer to cover the top of the brisket so it's submerged. Add the seasoning packet (it comes with the brisket) to the water. Boil on the stove for 1 hour. Cut the cabbage into quarters. Peel the carrots and place in the pot along with the cabbage. Boil for another hour. Drain and serve.

Serves 4-6


Final Verdict: Success

I've never made corned beef before, but it's actually the easiest recipe I've ever made. All you do is boil it and it comes with the seasoning packet you need. I think you're supposed to boil it for 1 hour per pound. This was a 3 pounder but I only boiled it for 2. The cabbage turned out great but I think the brisket could have been cooked a little longer. The beer is supposed to help tenderize it. It was tender but I think it just needed a little more time. Still it was very good, especially the cabbage.

No comments:

Post a Comment