Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Marinated Radicchio and Ricotta

Produce ingredients: radicchio and lemon

INGREDIENTS:
2 Tbls Balsamic Vinegar
4 Cloves garlic
1 Tsp fresh lemon juice
3 Tbls Olive Oil (plus more for drizzle)
1 Head radicchio
1/2 Cup basil leaves
1 Cup Ricotta cheese

Preheat oven to broil on low.
Wisk together vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Use a garlic press (or mince) and add garlic.
Rinse ridicchio then place all leaves on cookie sheet. Drizzle with olive oil.


Broil for 5 minutes. Immediately add radicchio and chopped basil to marinade, cover, and let set for at least 1 hour. I put it on top my oven to keep warm.

Serve with scoop of ricotta cheese.


Result: TASTY!
I found a recipe on epicurious and modified it a bit. This is an earthy, fresh dish, full of bittery flavor. The basil, balsamic, and garlic add sweetness. The ricotta cheese is so delicious with this beacuase it's fresh and it balances the sharpness of the other flavors. I think the garlic is a bit much (maybe next time I'll use less), but still yummy. I could see this going well with a steak, or even just some grainy bread (maybe with raisins in it). This is not my average choice of flavors, it's a bit more sophisticated. I hope the leftovers taste as good as the original (I'm hoping it'll be even better).

1 comment:

  1. Adendum.
    This goes so well with steak. It's a complete meal.
    I also had leftovers on triscuits- very yummy! I think that would be an easy appetizer for any event.
    Also, the longer I let the radicchio set, the less harsh the garlic was. This would be a great recipe to make a day ahead.

    ReplyDelete