Saturday, June 9, 2012

Cherry Walnut Bread

I had some leftover cherries, so I decided to make bread.


2 cups of chopped pitted cherries
1 2/3 cups of sugar
2/3 cup of vegetable oil
1/2 cup of milk
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
4 eggs
3 cups flour
1/2 cup of chopped walnuts
4 teaspoons of baking powder
1 teaspoon of salt

Heat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix sugar, flour, baking powder.  Add eggs, oil, milk, vanilla extract and stir evenly.  Add cherries and walnuts and mix well.  Pour into 2 greased bread baking pans.

Bake for 50-60 minutes until toothpick can be inserted into the center and come out clean.  Cool 10 minutes before serving.

Makes 2 loaves.


Final Verdict: Excellent

This is actually my recipe for cranberry bread but I used cherries instead of canberries.  The only difference is for cranberry bread I also add 2 teaspoons of grated orange rind.  I didn't think that would go with cherries as well so I left it out.  The cherry walnut bread turned out excellent.  I didn't have enough cherries for 2 loaves so I only made one and halved all measurements but I figured it was easier to post the full recipe.


No comments:

Post a Comment