Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Sauteed Spinach and Turnips

My Produce Items: Spinach, Turnips, Gypsy Sweet Peppers

1 turnip skinned and diced
1 bunch of spinach
1 gypsy sweet pepper
1/2 onion diced
1/4 teaspoon of paprika
1/8 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of lime juice
1 tablespoon olive oil

Heat up olive oil in a pan.  Sautee turnip, spinach, onion and sweep pepper.  Add spinach and sautee until cooked soft.  Add paprika, salt and lime juice.  Mix well and cook until done.

Serves: 4-6

Final Verdict: Good but I don't really like turnips.

This dish was a good side to go with something.  It was good but I really don't like turnips and even cooking them in good flavors just didn't make me like them anymore than I already don't.  It was good and pretty healthy but I honestly just didn't like it because I don't like the taste of turnips and the turnip flavor was prominent.

No comments:

Post a Comment