Sunday, April 29, 2012

Cheesy Spinach Mashed Potatoes

My produce items: Spinach, Red Potatoes


6 red potatoes
1 bunch of spinach
1/4  teaspoon of seasoning salt (I used Penzey's 4S)
1/8 teaspoon of garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon of table salt
1 cup of grated cheddar cheese

Chop up spinach and sautee in a pan.  Sprinkle in pinches of seasoning salt and garlic salt for flavor and continue to sautee until spinach is soft and seasoned.

Slice red potatoes into 2 inch pieces and boil on stove until soft. Drain red potatoes and mash them up with a potato masher.  Add in 1/4 teaspoon of seasoning salt, 1/8 teaspoon of garlic salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of table salt and continue to mash/mix up.  Add in sauteed garlic and mix with a wooden spoon.  Add in cheddar cheese and mix with a wooden spoon until all cheese is melted.  Add more seasoning and garlic salt if desired.

Serves 4-6


Final Verdict: Yummy

I've always liked mash potatoes but this is the first time I added spinach to them.  It was very good.  What else can I say?  It's mashed potatoes.  I always feel red potatoes are the best for mashing.  I think it actually would have tasted even better if I added chopped up bacon to it.  I would likely use less salt if I added bacon, but next time I make this I'll try adding it.

No comments:

Post a Comment