Saturday, April 7, 2012

Produce Box Luncheon

Thanks to everyone for an excellent produce box luncheon. We ended up with a balanced three course meal (totally unplanned). Everyone made a dish out of their produce box fruits and vegetables and collectively everything went together wonderfully.

For an appetizer, we had guacamole with carrots and radicchio by Madeleine.
For our beverage we had strawberry orange mimosas by Ryan.
For lunch we had kale grapefruit and raspberry salad by Meli...
Beet risotto by Dobi...
And rainbow chard quiche with caramelized onions by Evelyn.
For dessert we had kiwi apple turnovers and...
Strawberry blood orange creamsicles by Kieu.
Everything was delicious!
Thanks again to everyone who participated. Please feel free to post your recipes in the comments or under separate entries to help share our cooking experiences. I can't wait until the next luncheon.

1 comment:

  1. For my kale salad, I kept it very simple. I used one bunch of kale, chopped it into edible size pieces. Then I drizzled olive oil over the top and massaged the kale until it turned bright green (who says plants don't have feelings?!). Then I chopped up a few mint leaves (this was the kicker, and it was so refreshing with the wintery greens). Then I added fresh raspberries and pieces of peeled grapefruit. I finished it off with some pumpkin seeds. A perfect transition from winter to spring!

    ReplyDelete