Saturday, April 7, 2012

Strawberry Blood Orange Creamsicles

My produce items: Strawberries, Blood Oranges
1 cup of chopped strawberries
3/4 cup of blood orange juice
1/2 cup of milk
1 can sweetened condensed milk
Juice the blood oranges (I used all four) and puree the juice with the strawberries in a blender until smooth. Add milk and can of sweetened condensed milk and puree again until smooth and creamy.

Pour into popsicle trays and freeze. You may need to run hot water under the bottom of the popsicle mold to loosen in order to get them out once you're read to eat them.

Serves: 8-12
Final Verdict: A Delicious Treat!

I got this recipe online from Poor Girl Eats Well. I think it turned out amazingly well. I actually made these a week ago and just kept frozen until it was time to serve at the luncheon. They were delicious. It's basically a strawberry creamsicle. The blood orange flavor didn't appear to be too prominent but it was a nice treat I'll be making again in the summer time.

No comments:

Post a Comment