Monday, July 23, 2012

Carrots / Celery (2 of the 3 vegetables)


I minced a white onion, green onions, a red onion and some celery. I put them in pan with a couple spoons of olive oil. I left them going soft and yellow-ish, added a couple spoons of curry and continued to move around the curry/onion-mix. I continued the stirring until everything was brown, soft and all the liquid was absorbed. I added a couple cups of vegetable broth to deglaze the pan, added the cubed carrots and continued to cook it until the carrots were soft. I continued to add some more broth when it all the liquid was evaporated and stirred a couple times. At the end I needed some salt to adjust the flavor.

Mix can be eaten hot, warm or cold. Once I mixed it with some white rice for my office lunch. Another time I made some appetizers on Persian Cucumbers (with sesame sprinkled across). The rest of the baby carrots went into the freezer.

Carrot: came first from Iran and Afghanistan and they are famous for their Vitamin A (b-carotene turns into vitamin A in our body).

Celery (read on Wikipedia): Celery is used in weight-loss diets, where it provides low-calorie dietary fiber bulk. Celery is often purported to be a "negative calorie food" based on the assumption that it contains fewer calories than it takes to digest; however, this statement has no scientific merit.





No comments:

Post a Comment