Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Strawberry Raspberry Rhubarb Pie

My produce items: Strawberries, Raspberries, Rhubarb

1/2 cup of sugar
1/4 cup of flour
1 cup of chopped rhubarb (1 and 1/2 stalks)
1 cup of chopped stawberries
1 cup of raspberries
1/4 cup of raspberry jam
1 tablespoon of butter
2 Pillsbury pie crusts

Mix sugar and flour together.  Coat rhubarb (I just use the red part of the stalks, not the green), strawberries and raspberries in the sugar flour mixture.  Spread out pie crust in a pie tin.  Pour mixture into pie tin.  Melt jam in microwave and pour evenly on top along with extra sugar.  Coat one side of the remaining pie crust with butter (I just take the stick and run it along the crust).  Cover the tin with the remaining crust (butter side down).  Pinch the sides of both crusts together to seal the pie.  Cut slits into the top.

Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.

Serves 8

Final Verdict: Yummy Pie

This recipe is a variation I got off of allrecipes.com.  I added all the raspberry ingredients to it.  It is perfectly sweet and sour.  It tastes like a freshly made strawberry rhubarb pie with some raspberry flare.   Very yummy but I would only recommend eating a tiny bit at a time.  Too much would be a sweet and sour overload.  I ate my first piece fresh out of the oven and it was warm and delicious.  Not runny at all.



No comments:

Post a Comment