Thursday, July 5, 2012

Nectarine Tarts


Ok: I have to admit it. I ate the first round of nectarines the day I brought them home. YUMMY. I had to go back to the Farmer’s Market and buy some fresh once.  I bought them hard, not too soft.



I de-frosted store-bought puff pastry, cut it in squares and put them on sheet pants. I put the sheet pants back into the fridge for about 20minutes.

I washed the nectarines, cut them in thin slices and placed the slices across the squares. I sprinkled the peaches with brown sugar and cinnamon.

Backed the squares for about 25minutes on F375 until the puff pastry was brown.

Heated the apricot jelly and brushed the nectarines when the tarts where still warm. It gives the tarts a shiny glace.

Some changes for next time: add some chopped nuts under the fruits and mix the apricot jelly with some brandy.

Nectarine: is in the family of peaches but smooth-skinned and is known for more than 2,000 years.  It’s a good source of vitamins A and C.

No comments:

Post a Comment